Baby Boy Peacock, bed 7. I'll be ok if I never have to say those words again! Oh, can't we just skip this chapter? No, we can't. Because they are a part of our lives now. The two weeks you spent in the NICU changed me...forever. That whole experience was something I have never imagined, and mothers who have never been there cannot relate. It puts you into a special category. Special, meaning extraordinary, not the good kind of special.
My little man, lying there helpless. Broke my heart...over and over...every time I look at you. Tubes, wires, machines, beeps, drips, needles, everywhere. This isn't fair. Babies shouldn't have to be sick! And I don't even like hospitals or bloods, guts, and gore!
Thankfully, we had fabulous nurses in the nursery. They never minded our endless visits or calls. And for someone who doesn't do needles and hospitals, I did pretty good. I learned what beeps were important and what buttons to push to hush the non-important beeps. I learned to tube feed, change diapers, bottle feed, check temperatures, change clothes...all the good stuff! And finally after a week of a chest drain tube, the tube was removed AND I CAN HOLD MY BABY!! I couldn't get enough of you! I would just sit and hold you all day! Pure bliss!
![]() |
| August 27, 2012 I changed my first diaper and I fed you your first milk meal! |
| You have already stolen my heart! |
![]() |
| I am wireless! Look at that beautiful face! |
Finally, after 13 days, Dr. Rodriguez said you could come home to momma and daddy! Praise the Lord!



No comments:
Post a Comment