| I woke you early enough to dress you before going to Grandma Patsy's. |
| We got the celebration started early! |
Apparently, you had a happy day with Grandma too! Mandy saw you at the school waiting to pick up the big kids. Made my heart smile to see you so happy!
And you wanted the partying to last long into the night. Daddy can forget trying to rock you night-night yet! So you're one now and think you can stay up past 10:00pm? You better go to sleep Carter Boy! You need to be well rested for your party tomorrow!
Aaaah, the party. Now I know why we have only one birthday a year! A few hiccups, hitches, glitches, and meltdowns later, it was party time!
You tried to play shy at first. But I know better!
We had lots of family and family friends comes to celebrate with you! Sesame Street style! We had a big time! Lunch, cake, and lots of fun!
I was pumped up and ready for the smash cake. You had your very own.
And you even had a crowd of onlookers......
Everyone was awaiting a huge smash, but you wanted a spoon!
While I was anticipating a huge smash, you did make me a little proud. I've tried to teach you some manners.
And the end product wasn't that bad. (However, for days I was still finding blue icing in random places.)
You knew what to do, Buddy!
However, the tissue paper was most entertaining to you! Go figure.
This picture here....all for me. Look at momma's arms!
Do it Carter!
Carter, how old are you? (We're still working on the 1 finger.)
And a huge shout out to these folks! Mr. Billy and Mrs. Debbie!
And Auntie Liz!
None of this would have been captured in pictures if Mr. Bill hadn't been here! How did I ever think I could host a party AND take pictures? And Mrs. Deborah and Liz took over the kitchen. Such sweet people!
So, Carter Boy, it was a very happy first birthday! You have brought so much love and joy into our hearts and lives this past year, and we love you bunches and bunches and more bunches!
No comments:
Post a Comment