Anyway. Before you, I was the perfect parent. Of course, right? I'd see parents and say, "I will never be THAT parent." Or I'd see unruly children in public, and I'd say, "my child will NEVER act like that." And I guess that is what I get for saying never. Now don't get me wrong, when you act like a maniac in public (especially when it's just me and you), I do get a little rattled, but other than that, this is some pretty sweet crow I'm eating!
I said, "we'll never let our baby sleep in the bed with us." Really, it was a dangerous thing to do. But you're the best snuggle buddy ever!
Which brings me to the next never...."We'll never use a pacifier." Never - 2, Momma - 0! Yeah, we've go to get rid of that thing soon. But in my defense, the hospital nursery started it. All the poking, sticking, and prodding those first few weeks, you deserved the "pie-pie."
I used to always say people who "pick their battles" are just weak. Well, meet the weakest of the weak. Yours truly. It really is easier to give into you sometimes. Giving into you usually means a scavenger hunt and more clean up for me later, but, as Aunt Heather says, "why the hell not?"
Even if it means this....
Picking up toilet paper.
And what's it going to hurt if you play with the peacock feathers? It's actually super cute to watch you tickle yourself and laugh!
And so what if you want to unravel the tassel on the pillow? It's just a pillow.
The channel and cell phone are two of your favorites. I've gotten pretty good at finding these.
So stay sweet my little man, and I'll keep eating the crow. I love you!
I love this :-). It's such a special time that goes by so fast. Believe me, you will never regret to giving in to any of this later in life. You are a great Mommy! Love, Heather
ReplyDelete