This really doesn't fit into any Dear Carter category, but one day I will want you to know these things....
On the 2012 Presidential Election (and possibly any election thereafter)
Many people say that America is at a crossroads. Key issues are at the forefront of political platforms and debates. I've heard that the next four years could set America on a permanent course. The sanctity of marriage, the security of our economy, and the safety of our nation are all said to be at stake.
But who really determines the santity of marriage? Is is a guy in a fancy suit sitting in the Oval Office? No. God alone has the authority to bless the institution of marriage, since I'm pretty sure he created marriage anyway.
Financial security? Since when are we to find security in money? It is all God's to give and take away. As Christians we are to find security in Christ, not a dollar.
Safety of our nation? Who is the Great Protector? The President? The U.S. Military? Men and women in uniform protect my shores and my rights, but ultimately, they do not protect life. My life is not my own. I am free in Christ, but my life no longer belongs to me. (That being said, I am extremely thankful and grateful for our armed forces.) No matter the outcome of the election, God is and always will be on his throne. No candidate can boast the power to die for my sins and come back to life three days later.
And in response to the tragedy of December 14, 2012 in Newton, Connecticut....
My heart is broken and angry for the families and community for the horror they are facing. However, I am sick of hearing about gun patrol and politics in regard to the tragedy. This shouldn't be an opportunity or platform for such. However, it is an opportunity to fall on our faces before the Great God of the universe and from the depths of our hearts begin to claim peace and protection over the hearts, minds, and bodies of our children. Crazy pepole aren't the problem. Guns aren't the problem. The only problem is sin. The only answer is Jesus.
That is all.
No comments:
Post a Comment