Some days....some days it is all I can do to get home and get dinner on the table without collapsing from exhaustion. I'm really too young to feel this old. And some nights I want to throw away all the uneaten food and paper plates - no dishes to wash, and just crawl in the bed. Some nights I try to get out of giving you a bath. Gross, I know. I try to justify "no bath night" by saying, "it was cold today, you didn't play outside, you didn't sweat. You don't have to have a bath tonight." Oh, but you love bathtime so much.
And I wearily prep you for bathtime and get you in the bath. Even when I am really tired or just want a break....
I remember these smiles and giggles. And I remember why I always say "yes" to bath time.
I love how you play so intently.
And I love how you think if you hide behind the curtain that I can't see you and you won't have to get out.
I love you Carter Boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment