Well, for "big kids" school has been in now for 9 weeks, and all my mommy friends are bragging on their childrens' report cards. So, I'll brag on my Carter Boy!
I am amazed at how you learn! Seriously! I get so excited when you've mastered a new word or word-object association. Excited to tears sometimes. Literally.
For months - before you could even point or talk - we've worked on body parts. During bath time and dressing time I'd point and label all your parts. For whatever reason (probably because you love to pull mine (by the roots)), you've known where your hair is for a while now. But you've finally mastered your whole head! And it totally caught me by surprise. I started with the faithful, "Where is your hair?" And you pull on your hair. Although, you do not pull your hair nearly as hard as you pull mine. Then the ear. You know where your ears are. And you know how to poke those eyes right on out. And then I nearly fell out of the chair. "Cart, where is your nose?" And you pointed right to it! Do you know how long we've worked on the nose? I pressed my luck with, "Where is your mouth?" And your fat little pointer finger went right to your mouth! Tears to my eyes! Needless to say, you tired of the "where is" game long before I did this time. Good job Carter Boy, good job!
Last Sunday you woke up jabbering, and you haven't stopped. Sure, before, you'd jabber a word or phrase here and there. But now, its non stop "conversation." Lots of jabbering and more and more real words. I love how you are obsessed with birds. "Bur" as you call them. You hear a chirp, and you're breaking your neck to find the bur. And oh how excited you get when a flock flies over! It's too precious. But what gets me every time is, "Carter, what does the bird say?" And you make the cutest, high pitched "tweee tweee." MELT.MY.HEART.
You've mastered Ma and Pa for Grandma and Grandpa. You'll get the grand before too much longer.
Actually, you were saying Zac (Grandma's dog) before you did Ma and Pa! Rascal! Every morning we get out of the car, and you go to shouting, "Aaaakkk aaaakkk." You love to feed Grandma's "fiss." And well, you like the "meeer meeer," but Grandma's cat isn't so crazy about you. You pulling her hair and tail probably has a lot to do with that.
And I love how everything round is a ball. And you love "bay-bee." It cracks me up when you look at pictures of yourself as a newborn or infant and say, "bay-bee."
You're almost as fascinated with the "ree" on the front door as you are birds. You insist on me opening the front door so you can touch the wreath.
You love pointing to the "lie." (Lights)
You can't say it yet, but you can sure point to the flag.
So, for you my Carter Boy, you get an A plus too!
And if you don't start performing on command....no one is ever going to believe this!
No comments:
Post a Comment